Does your garden need a bit of TLC? Do you have a big landscape project coming up? Chances are, you’re going to have a big clear out. So what would you do with all that waste? Either recycle everything or burn it, which is very messy. You can also wait for the council to pick up your green bin. That could take a while.
You can put all that green and garden waste on a skip. Find out why you should:
Materials Considered As Garden Waste
Garden waste can be any or all of the following:
- Grass, weeds, shrubs, leaves, twigs, branch clippings
- Lawn, turf, soil, slag, wood chip, bark
- Bricks, slabs, rubble, and hardcore materials
- Garden furniture, plant pots, or patio materials
Why Skip Hire is the Best Option for your Garden Waste
More Cost-Effective Than Other Forms Of Collection Services
It is always tempting to hire a man and van service. But remember: it’s twice the price. You must pay a separate fee for the labour costs and the disposal of the garden waste based on the amount. Skip hire, on the other hand; charges are much reasonable rate even for big garden waste clearance. You can have a thorough clear up of your space without the outrageous price.
Faster And More Reliable Than Your Council’s Bin Collection Service
Going the bin collection route means compliance to several things such as:
- Waiting for the right day of the week
- Waiting for the right hour of the day
- Positioning the bin on the footpath next to the curb
- Not blocking pedestrian pathways or vehicle access
- Making sure the bin handle faces the house
- Bagging all loose rubbish
- Not overloading the bin
Too many restrictions, right?
And does it seem the council-approved bins are getting smaller? You’re probably right.
When you opt for skip hire, all you need to do is call the firm or book it online. The operator drops the skip right to your door. They will pick it up once you’re done! No waiting period of a few days! No hassle of adhering to specific rules! Plus, you can be sure that all your garden waste will be recycled up to 100% of all its content.
Less Carbon Footprint
Most UK councils still allow garden fires. However, they have strict rules about this activity. You can be charged with up to £5000 even for unintentional violations.
- No burning if it may harm people’s health or cause pollution
- No burning if the smoke causes traffic hindrance
- No burning if it will cause any inconvenience to surrounding neighbours
- No burning with the use of accelerant
The Right Skip Hire For You
Hire the right skip provider. Let them deal with your green and garden waste instead. Here are some tips so you can save money and energy.
- Choose a skip hire service provider that offers a variety of skip hire sizes.
- Consider any possible means to break down large and bulky garden waste. This can be chopping, cutting, snapping, folding, etc. This will allow you to hire a smaller and cheaper skip.
- Don’t include garden waste that can be recycled or composted. These include weeds, leaves, twigs, etc. Doing so won’t add to the weight of your skip.
- If you have a lot of logs or timber in your garden waste load, sell them instead. Check out community sites to find people who still use wood-burning fires or stoves in their homes.
- Take note of the list of common and important items you are not allowed to put on a skip. This will prevent waste of time and energy.