Maxi skips are large skip bins that are ideal for various domestic, commercial and industrial applications. These are skip bins designed to help people get rid of considerable amount rubbish that perfect for numerous applications. Available in five different sizes, these skips are commonly used to full home renovations, large scale garden clean ups, office and retail clear outs and various commercial waste disposal projects. Due to their size, maxi skips are also perfect getting rid of heavy materials and bulky items that make them the perfect waste removal solution in the United Kingdom.
Various Sizes of Maxi Skips
There are five different sizes of maxi skips available in the United Kingdom. Skip hire companies offer these skips as a 10-yard skip, 12-yard skip, 14-yard skip, 16-yard skip and 18-yard skip. Heavy duty skips bins that are engineered and designed to handle large amounts of waste that includes heavy materials and bulky items. For more detail regarding these sizes, please refer below.
The Most Common Uses For Maxi Skips
Maxi skips are large and heavy duty skip bins suitable for numerous applications. These skip bins are excellent for getting rid of large amounts of unwanted rubbish whether they domestic, commercial or industrial. These skips are engineered and designed to handle any type of waste including heavy materials and bulky items. Maxi skips are very popular to both commercial and domestic clients; they are the top waste removal option in the UK. Helping people in numerous tasks that include:
- Large Scale Garden Clean Up or Redesign
- Full Home Renovations
- Commercial or Retail Clear Outs
- Multiple Home Renovation Projects Carried Out at the Same Time
- Demolition Jobs
- Office Renovations
These maxi skips are commonly rented by commercial clients for numerous heavy tasks that involve large amounts of rubbish. These skips are usually large that they can’t fit private properties. They will require the clients to secure permits since most of these skips are placed in council owned properties. However, paying for a council permit won’t be too much compared to the convenient a maxi skip will offer.
Although these skips are mostly used for commercial and industrial tasks, maxi skips are also used in several domestic jobs. Most of the domestic clients that are renting these skips used them in large scale garden landscaping, multiple home renovation projects carried out at the same time and various DIY projects that yield considerable amounts of rubbish.
Various Ways to Reduce the Cost of Your Maxi Skips
Hiring a maxi skip is one of the most practical ways of properly disposing of large amounts of unwanted waste. As heavy duty skip bins designed to handle projects that mini skips, midi skips and builder skips can’t handle, these maxi skips are the best choice for large waste removal projects. However, as useful as they are, they can also be very expensive due to their large size and other factors. Fortunately, there are some ways that you can do to reduce the cost of you maxi skip hire. Here are some of these tips to keep in mind:
- Right Size of Maxi Skip – Skip hiring companies in the UK offer maxi skips ranging from 10-yard skips to 18-yard skips. Getting the right size of maxi skip will keep you from hiring a bigger skip that will cost more or hire an inadequate skip that will require you to hire another smaller one. That will lead you to much more expensive skip hire.
- Restricted Items – Make sure to ask the skip hire company about the items that can’t be loaded to the skip. Most skips hire companies will charge additional fees if you put restricted items on the skip. Here’s a list of these restricted items: Asbestos, Car Tyres, Gas Bottles, Paint, Batteries, Medical Waste, Electronics, Oils.
- Time Restrictions – Knowing the time restrictions of the skip will also allow you to reduce the cost of your skip hire. Skip hire companies will charge you extra fees if you exceed the time restriction the skip hire company will give you. So keeping the time restriction will give you an idea on how long you can use the skip.
- Weight Restrictions – Every skip also has their weight restrictions and overloading a skip will lead to extra fees or charges. So make sure to be aware of these weight restrictions and don’t overload the skip.
Keeping these things in will keep your expenses when hiring a maxi skip low. It will also reduce the cost of your skip hire to a cheaper one.