Hiring a skip is one of the most practical ways of properly disposing of unwanted waste in the UK. It’s also one of the most affordable and time saving methods of proper waste disposal.
Each skip hire company offer various skip sizes and dimensions to allow their clients to get the best suitable size for their requirements. With a selection that ranges from 2-yard skips all the way to 40-yard skips, people can get the exact size of skip they need to help them dispose of their unwanted waste properly and effectively.
We have produced this guide to help you get the right skip size suitable for your needs.
Mini Skips – From 2 Yard Skips to 3 Yard Skips
Mini skips are very useful for small home renovations such as bathroom and kitchen refits. They are also perfect for garden clean ups. This type of skip will usually fit outside any property, so these skips won’t require you to secure any council license. Mini skips are the excellent choice for disposing of unwanted household waste that includes junks waste and garden waste.
2 Yard Mini Skips
- Dimensions: 5 feet long x 4 feet wide x 3 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 25 Black Bin Bags
3 Yard Mini Skips
- Dimensions: 6 feet long x 4 feet wide x 3 feet long
- Size: Maximum of 35 Black Bin Bags
Midi Skips – Ranges from 4 Yard Skips to 5 Yard Skips
Slightly larger than mini skips, midi skips are very useful for DIY projects and small home improvement projects such as kitchen and bathroom re-fittings. It is also ideal for garden clean up that involves larger areas and larger amounts of green waste. These skips often come with drop doors, making it an ideal choice for disposing garden waste that includes soils and timber.
4 Yard Midi Skip
- Dimensions: 7 feet long x 5 feet wide x 3 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 45 Black Bin Bags
5 Yard Midi Skip
- Dimensions: 7.5 feet long x 5 feet wide x 3.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 55 Black Bin Bags
Builders Skips – Ranging from 6 Yard Skips to 8 Yard Skips
These are skips that are popular for builders. Perfect for getting rid of building and construction waste. Builder skips are large skip bins ideal for taking out a larger amount of waste that can also be suitable for garden clean ups as well as home renovations in a bigger scale. These type of skips can also be used for commercial rubbish with small amounts of trash depending on the requirements you need.
6 Yard Builder Skip
- Dimensions: 10 feet long x 6 feet wide x 4 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 65 Black Bin Bags
8 Yard Builder Skip
- Dimensions: 12 feet long x 6 feet wide x 4.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 80 Black Bin Bags
Maxi Skips – Ranging from 10 Yard Skips to 18 Yard Skips
These large skip bins perfect for a lot of practical applications. They can be suitable for commercial, industrial and domestic jobs like full home renovations, large scale garden clean ups and some commercial waste disposal. It can also be used for office renovations, company clean ups and some industrial jobs. Perfect for getting rid of heavy construction materials and bulky items.
10 Yard Maxi Skip
- Dimensions: 12 feet long x 6 feet wide x 6 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 100 Black Bin Bags
12 Yard Maxi Skip
- Dimensions: 13 feet long x 6 feet wide x 6.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 120 Black Bin Bags
14 Yard Maxi Skip
- Dimensions: 13 feet long x 6.5 feet wide x 6.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 145 Black Bin Bags
16 Yard Maxi Skip
- Dimensions: 13.5 feet long x 6 feet wide x 6.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 170 Black Bin Bags
18 Yard Maxi Skip
- Dimensions: 13.5 feet long x 6.5 feet wide x 7 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 195 Black Bin Bags
Roll-on Roll-off Skips – Ranging from 20 Yard Skips to 40 Yard Skips
These type of skips are huge skip bins ideal for getting rid of rubbish that regular skips can’t accommodate. Roll-on Roll-off (RoRo) skips are perfect for properly disposing of large amounts of commercial and industrial waste. It can also be perfect for multiple projects that are carried out at the same time. This is the popular choice for getting rid of huge amounts of waste.
20 Yard Skip
- Dimensions: 20 feet long x 8 feet wide x 4 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 220 Black Bin Bags
25 Yard Skip
- Dimensions: 20 feet long x 8 feet wide x 5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 275 Black Bin Bags
30 Yard Skip
- Dimensions: 20 feet long x 8 feet wide x 6.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 330 Black Bin Bags
40 Yard Skip
- Dimensions: 20 feet long x 8 feet wide x 8.5 feet high
- Size: Maximum of 440 Black Bin Bags
Lockable Skip Hire – The Secure Lockable Skips
These type of skip bins are the perfect choice for protected waste. It’s also a popular choice for waste that needs shelter. It’s a good choice for people who don’t want unwanted waste to be added to their skips.
- Dimensions: Varying Dimensions
- Size: Various Sizes
How To Successfully Get the Right Skip Size
- Get a Good Estimate of the Rubbish – The first thing you have to do before hiring a skip is to get a good estimate on the unwanted waste you are going to dispose of. It will give you an idea of how big is the skip you need and the right size suitable for the job.
- Identify the Right Size of Skip – Once you have a good estimate of the rubbish, you will dispose of. Then you can now identify the right size of skip suitable for your needs.
Those are the different sizes of skips that you can choose from. Following this skip size guide will help you decide the right size of skip and ensure you to have a successful skip hire that will allow you to save money and time.
Use our comparison form for quotes from the top skip hire companies around your area. This will lead you to the best deal available and to get the best value for your money.
Here at Skip-Rental.co.uk, we help you to have a successful skip hire by providing you free quotations from the top four skip hire firms within your area. Giving you the opportunity to get the best skip hire deal available to save money and time.